What to Do if You Are Involved in a Tractor Trailer Collision
CASE TYPES: Tractor Trailer AccidentsAutomobile CrashesWrongful Death CasesUber & Lyft CasesCatastrophic InjuriesHead & Brain InjuriesSpinal Injury & ParalysisNeck & Back InjuriesHit By Drunk DriverMotorcycle Accidents18-Wheeler Accidents
No one wants to think about being involved in a tractor trailer collision, but they unfortunately do happen. What to do immediately after the collision:
1. Evaluate any injuries.
2. Call 9-1-1.
3. If possible, remove your car from the road. Determine if you can exit your car and safely move to a better location. If not, remain in your car with the seatbelt fastened until the police arrive.
4. Report all facts and notify police and paramedics of any pain.
5. Contact Cannella & O’Neal at 804-GOT-HURT to obtain legal advice before speaking to your/any insurance company. Cannella & O’Neal can help guide you to the best medical providers for your care and fight for the best possible outcome in your case.
6. After speaking with Cannella & O’Neal, notify your insurance company.
7. Collect as much information as possible. Do not assume the police will collect all the information you need to receive just compensation. Things to collect:
- All information of the other people involved in the crash
- All information, including photos, of the vehicles involved in the collision
- Full name and contact information of any witnesses
- Documentation of your injuries