Our job is to make sure that the only thing you have to do is get better.
For over 40 years our process for handling your case at Cannella & O’Neal has been geared toward three things:
- Providing clients with direct access to an attorney who will educate you, advise you, and guide you through your personal injury case each and every step of the way.
- Establishing and maintaining a high degree of client confidence and satisfaction.
- Obtaining the best possible outcome for your case by a negotiated settlement out of the courtroom or a litigated verdict in the courtroom.
Once you have given us the privilege of representing you and your family, it is our job to answer all of your questions, address all of your needs, and obtain the best possible outcome for your case. Ultimately, we want to make absolutely sure that when you leave this law firm, you are a very satisfied client.
Unlike many law firms, most of our Virginia personal injury cases are from direct referrals from former clients. Our loyal personal injury clients are at the very foundation of this law firm. We know that outstanding customer service makes for a loyal client who will in turn refer others to this law firm by word of mouth. Very simply, you are employing us and it is our job to satisfy your needs.
OUR 10 STEP PROCESS
Here is our 10 Step Process for getting you the justice you deserve:
- INTAKE — Call in for free advice and you will speak directly with an attorney and/or an intake paralegal who will take down key information about the facts of your case, insurance information and the injuries you received. An appointment to meet directly with an attorney will be scheduled within two to three days of your call.
- INITIAL FOLLOW-UP — You have questions and we have answers. Prior to your appointment, we will help guide you through insurance coordination, obtaining a rental vehicle, property damage, and medical follow-up.
- ATTORNEY MEETING — By the time you come into our office we will have gathered lots of information so that you and your assigned attorney can focus on clearing up any loose ends and advise you as to what to expect in your case.
- INVESTIGATION — The attorney will determine how to best investigate your case and activate your file. Your assigned attorney will instruct the intake paralegal and investigator as to what needs to be done to assure a smooth start to your case.
- MEDICAL ASSESSMENT — Throughout the process of case management you will have access to your assigned attorney. Following intake, your attorney is assisted by a medical paralegal who will follow up with you regarding medical care, medical bills, and further insurance coordination.
- COMPLETION OF MEDICAL CARE — It is important that you contact your attorney and/or paralegal upon completion of medical care. At that point, we will place your file in proposal format to send a demand to the defendant’s insurance company.
- PROPOSAL APPOINTMENT — Once all records have been obtained and our medical summaries are complete, your assigned attorney will meet with you to discuss our evaluation and demand for settlement with the defendant’s insurance company. You should be aware that many other law firms do not provide for attorney/client meetings at this stage of the case. This is a very important meeting and helps to assure that you and your attorney are on the same page when it comes to negotiating your case.
- SETTLEMENT NEGOTIATIONS — Unlike some law firms, your attorney, not a paralegal, will conduct all negotiations with the defendant’s insurance company. In fact, most cases resolve at this stage. Your assigned attorney will discuss all offers with you directly so that you can make an informed decision as to whether or not to accept an offer of settlement. We will advise you accordingly but the final decision is yours.
- LITIGATION — While the large majority of cases settle without going to court, sometimes it is to your benefit to proceed to get justice in the courtroom by way of trial. If the award of a Judge or jury is likely to substantially exceed the offer by the insurance company, then, as they say, “take ‘em to court.” Throughout the litigation process there may be an opportunity for alternative dispute resolution (ADR) such as mediation or arbitration. Your assigned attorney will discuss with you any and all options for arbitration or mediation of your case prior to the actual trial.
- SETTLEMENT — Whether it is by negotiated settlement or by a verdict in the courtroom, we love to see the smile on our client’s face when we turn over the final settlement check or award. We know it can make a big difference in people’s lives and we are proud to be a part of justice being done.
To find out if you have a case, call our office day or night, 7 days a week on our Personal Injury Hotline at (800) 843-4090 for an immediate response, or fill out our intake form and we will respond with the answers you deserve within 24 hours. We will come to you and there is no legal fee unless we win your case.
Contact Cannella & O’Neal today for a free consultation to get the justice you deserve.